Hello & Welcome,
If you want to improve your photography skills, while learning from a pro, this website is for you.
Now, You have access to hundreds of free photography tips & tutorials, teaching the exact skills required to take great pictures.
Since so much information can be overwhelming, I’ve created this step by step guide, to get things started.
I recommend scrolling down and reading each step. You can also jump to each step using the links below:
Step 1: Get to Know Me
|Exploring the Li River – China|
For those of you I haven’t met yet, my name is Dave. Nice to meet you. I’m excited that you’re here!
Check out my Landscape Photography Journals Video Series where I post a new adventure each Tuesday.
A few years ago, I quit my 6 figure “American Dream” job ( Boeing Aerospace Engineer ), to travel, teach photography, and take photos full time. This was the scariest and best decision I have ever made.
As a crazy engineer, I have the need to document every photography skill I use on a regular basis, in a step by step, simple to understand format. This allows me to easily learn what works on a continual basis, and throw away what doesn’t.
Writing photography tutorials and creating learning material, helps me to become a better photographer, in turn, teaching others along the way.
It’s a win win situation. I learn & you learn, the cycle repeats.
You can visit the About Me Page for more info.
Step 2: An Overview of What You’ll Learn
- Photo Editing: Lightroom & Photoshop tutorials. Easily edit your pictures from start to finish, with great results.
- Camera Techniques: The best camera settings and shooting tips, for any situation.
- Learn from a Pro Photographer: My goal is to teach you the exact skills required to take great photos, travel the world, and run a successful photography business. Learn what works, stop guessing, and start getting the results you want.
- Photography, Travel & Backpacking Equipment: How to choose the best equipment for photography, trekking, backpacking & world travel.
Step 3: Join 50,000 Members Improving Their Photography
To effectively learn photography, and improve on a regular basis, you must master the basic photography skills.
I will teach you the best techniques for sharp focus, exposure time, aperture settings, and ISO, below.
- Learning a skill and mastering a skill are NOT the same.
- Learn a skill and you will create average results, with more work.
- Master a skill and you will create great results, with less work.
I’ve created 5 free photography classes ( delivered by email ), allowing you to easily master the basics, at your own pace.
The classes are 100% free & you can easily unsubscribe at any time 🙂
You’ll also get access to my free PDF tutorial library.
Free Photo Classes & Star Photography eBook
Step 4: Explore this Website – Free Photo Tips, Tutorials & Tools
Below, I’ve included some of my favorite photography tips, tutorials and pages to get things started.
Click on any of the titles below and jump to that section.
- Latest Video Tutorials
- Photography Fundamental Tutorial Series – Learn the Basic Photo Skills
- Star, Milky Way & Night Sky Photography Tutorials
- Landscape Photography Tutorials
Scroll Down & Learn More!
|Learn The Exact Settings & Techniques Below|
Photography Tutorials & Videos
Easily navigate all of the photography tips & tutorials on this website via the Learn Photography Page & the links below.
Latest Photography Videos
As new videos are uploaded they will appear in the list below.
Click “PLAYLIST” button in the upper left corner of the video & browse the entire playlist.
Most Popular Photography Videos
Photography Fundamentals Tutorial Series
Learn each of the basic/fundamental photography skills in this step by step series.
Each skill set / page builds upon knowledge from the previous. Read & master each page and you’ll have vast knowledge of photography.
Each page is listed in the order of which it is to be learned.
Star, Milky Way & Night Sky Photography Tutorials
Learn all of the skill sets taught in the tutorials below & you’ll be a master of the night skies!
The following page shows you how to easily navigate and learn all of my night sky photography tutorials.
Milky Way Photography Tutorials
- Milky Way Photography Tutorial – Shooting »
- Learn How to Edit Your Milky Way Photos in Lightroom & Photoshop »
Star Trails Photography Tutorials
- Star Trails Photography Tutorial – Shooting »
- Learn How to Create Star Trails the Easy Way in Lightroom & Photoshop »
Northern Lights Photography Tutorials
- Learn How to Photograph the Northern Lights Tutorial – Shooting »
- Learn How to Edit Your Northern Lights Photos Using Lightroom & Photoshop »
Additional Night Photography Tutorials
- Simple, Powerful Noise Reduction for Milky Way & Night Sky Photography »
- Scouting & Planning for Star, Milky Way and Night Sky Photography Tutorial »
- Star & Night Sky Photography Camera and Lens Recommendations »
Landscape Photography Tutorials
The following tutorials can be applied to landscape, night sky and travel photography.
- Ultimate Guide to Backpacking / Trekking for Photographers
- Post Processing – Before / After: Free Photoshop Tutorials & Photography Tips
- Photography Printing Tutorial – Perfect Photo Prints in 10 Minutes Flat!
- Perspective Blending Photography Tutorial: Photo Editing & Camera Technique
- Focus Stacking for Landscape Photography: Photoshop Tutorial & Camera Techniques
- Dodge & Burn in Photoshop, Like a Pro!
View Photography Portfolio
Scroll Down & Access My Latest Pictures
|Sunrise in Torres Del Paine – Patagonia|
Star Photography Workshops & Tours
Learn star, milky way and night sky photography while exploring the best night photography destinations on Earth.
You will master the best night photography camera settings, photo editing in Lightroom and Photoshop, and advanced planning techniques allowing you to easily find the Milky Way & clear dark skies.
|Mount Rainier National Park Star Photography Workshops
2 Night / 3 Day Star Photography Workshop & Post Processing Class »
|Night Skies of the Pacific Northwest – 6 Day / 5 Night Star Photography Workshop & Tour»|
|Landscapes & Nights Skies of Iceland – 7 Day / 6 Night Photography Workshop and Tour|
About the Website
To allow you to get a little bit better understanding of what I’m about, who I am and why I’ve created this website, I wrote an About Me page along with some other resources you may find interesting.