There is only one location in the world where you can shoot:
- Glaciated Mountain Peaks
- Ocean Sea Stacks at Sunset
- Rainforests & Ancient Rivers
- Stars & Night Skies
- ALL IN ONE WEEKEND!
Olympic National Park.
The best landscape photography location on the planet.
I live here for a reason & will take you to all my favorite photography locations.
You’ll learn complete camera techniques for landscape & night sky photography during our weekend adventure.
Sign Up – Dates – Cost
Workshop schedule & information are included below this section.
Workshop Dates & Sign Up:
Click & Join: Friday, September 16th – Sunday, 18th, 2022 (4 spaces remain)
Workshop Cost: $1995 Total / $500 deposit to reserve your space.
Small Group Size: 6-8 Students Maximum.
Skill Level: All skill levels, beginner – advanced.
Refund & Cancellation Policy: Click Here & View
Workshop Overview & Schedule
Each day of the workshop we will shoot multiple ecosystems.
I’ll teach you everything I know about the specific techniques used for each shoot.
The Olympics are the only place in the USA that has mountains, oceans, rainforests & dark skies all in one location.
It’s my favorite place to take photos in the world!
Friday Schedule (Mountains & Rainforests)
We meet in the morning and kick off the workshop, driving high into the mountains to shoot.
On the way, we photograph 1500-year-old trees, rainforests, and glacier-fed streams as they cascade out of the mountains.
I’ll teach you long exposures & forest photography at the best shooting locations.
In the afternoon, we will drive further into the mountains and shoot sunset at one of my favorite locations in the Olympics.
After it gets dark we will shoot the stars over the mountain peaks.
Saturday Schedule (Ocean, Sea Stacks & Mountains)
We will start Saturday shooting sunrise at a different mountain location.
After sunrise will drive to the Pacific Ocean to shoot:
- Long exposures
- Sea stacks
- Night sky
I’ll take you to two of my favorite shooting locations on the rugged coast.
We will end the night with star & night photography by the ocean with stars reflecting in tidal pools.
This is the only wilderness coastline in the United States.
We will shoot the best spots!
Sunday Schedule (Rainforests & Rivers)
Sunday, we will meet early & take a photo hike through huge 2000-year-old trees in another one of my favorite rainforests.
We will shoot & explore the only temperate rain forest in the USA.
Free Video Courses for All Students – Instant Access
Upon registering, you will receive these products instantly via email.
My Camera Technique & Photo Editing for Landscape & Night Sky Photography Courses (20 hours of video)
What Will I Learn at the Workshop?
I work with each student 1 on 1 to ensure an in-depth understanding & high-quality images.
With 2 nights & 3 days of in-depth instruction, you will leave the workshop with great photos and a vast knowledge of landscape & night sky photography.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Sharp focus techniques for landscape & night sky photography
- Composition techniques
- Camera Settings: f-stop, ISO, and shutter speed for every shooting situation
- Sunrise, sunset, and long exposures
- Twilight photography
- Mountain photography
- Forest photography
- Night sky photography
- How to predict the weather
- Effectively capturing all necessary RAW picture data in the field, to minimize post-processing at home.
- Focus Stacking, bracketing, and advanced camera technique
Whatever else you may want to learn, these workshops are anything goes… so ask away:)
My goal is to teach you everything I know while visiting the best photo locations in the Olympics.
Dave’s Certifications & Safety Information
I am a certified Wilderness First Responder.
This includes certifications in CPR, AED, Epinephrine auto-injector, plus wilderness medicine & first aid.
It requires an 80 hour, 10-day training course, with renewal certification every 2 years.
Dave Morrow Photography LLC holds a 2 million dollar general liability insurance policy.
Each year I spend 9 months living in the wilderness & photographing it.
You are in good hands!
What Should I Bring with Me?
Upon signing up, you will receive a detailed PDF including everything you’ll need to bring with you.
I’ve also provided this below for reference.
Pro Tip: For landscape & night photography, you don’t need much photo gear.
It’s better to become an expert at the minimum amount of gear required to take great photos.
Here is what you should bring:
- Camera Backpack with tripod strap. We will be hiking 1-2 miles with gear.
- 1 DSLR or Mirrorless Camera: Full frame is preferred but any camera will work.
- 1 Wide Angle Lens: Between 8mm-24mm. Widest f-stop of f/4 or f/2.8 for night sky shooting.
- 1 Telephoto Lens: Anything in the 50-200mm range.
- 1 Tripod. Any will work but the sturdier the better.
- 2 Memory Cards: 32 GB or larger.
- 5 Batteries Fully Charged
- 1 Camera Battery Charger. Charge at your hotel every night.
- 3 Lens Cloths
- 1 Circular polarizing filter for each lens.
Clothes, Gear, and Other Items
You will be provided with a detailed checklist of everything you’ll need for the workshop upon signing up.
Here is an overview:
- Clothes for temperatures between 35 – 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Don’t get cold. It will ruin your trip! Here’s the gear I carry & how I layer it.
- 2-3 Pairs of hiking pants: The weather is very nice, sunny and warm during the summer months, but the temperature is likely to drop at night.
- 1 Pair of thermal long underwear to go under your pants
- 1-2 Long sleeve thermal shirts
- 1-2 Short sleeve active shirts
- 1 Winter jacket. It will get cold at night. Good to be prepared.
- 1 Fleece or light insulating jacket
- 1 Windbreaker jacket—Waterproof is great if you have it.
- 1-2 Pairs of boots or trail running shoes for hiking. Feet will get wet!
- 1 Winter hat/beanie.
- 1 Pair of thermal gloves
- 2-3 pairs of hiking socks
- 1 Headlamp
- 2 – 3 Sets of charged headlamp batteries
This workshop will require you to hike up 1-2 miles each day over fairly flat terrain.
You don’t need to hike fast & I’m happy to help you carry some equipment:)
I have had nearly all fitness levels attend my workshops and they have done just fine.
Sleeping / Lodging Arrangements
Hotel fees are not included in the cost of your admission.
Upon signup, you will receive step-by-step instructions, allowing you to easily make reservations from my recommended list of hotels.
I have stayed in each of these hotels to ensure their quality.
You are responsible for your own transportation to/from and during the workshop.
Here is what I recommend:
Seattle / Tacoma International Airport (SEA) is where you should fly into & out of.
Rental Car Information
For those of you that need to rent a car for the workshop, I would suggest renting a small to a mid-sized sedan that holds all of your gear and does fairly well on fuel economy.
You do not need a 4WD, truck, or SUV at any time during the workshop.
Ther are car rental services at Seattle / Tacoma International Airport.
Can I Bring a Friend?
If your friend brings a camera they must pay for workshop admission.
If they don’t bring a camera, they are welcome to tag along free of charge.
I am always happy to help:)