Hello & Welcome,
It’s good to have you here!
Below, there are two different sections.
- The first section covers my exposure & histogram camera technique.
- The second section covers the basics of photo editing within Photoshop.
You’re welcome to watch either section or both, in any order you like.
Next week, I’ll send you the third part of the series which will cover brand new skill sets that build upon what you learn this week.
Check your inbox at 10AM Pacific Time, next Tuesday, for the new videos.
Thanks for being here!
Master Camera Exposure & Histograms
After learning sharp focus, in last week’s video, the next step to creating great images is mastering exposure & histograms.
Understanding histograms can seem complicated at first, but trust me, these videos will clear things up!
Even if you think you already understand these skills, I bet this video will really help to improve and simplify your current technique.
I use a step by step process for each shot that’s easy to follow & understand.
After watching the video, give my Exposure Triangle Photography Guide PDF a read.
This PDF is great to study & save on your smart-phone to take out shooting with you.
Video 1 – Introduction to Histogram Camera Technique
Video 2 – Expose to the Right & Advanced Histogram Camera Technique
Fundamental Photoshop Techniques
I’m really excited about today’s video for photo editing.
Last week’s video, covered RAW file editing, which is the first step in the process.
Next, is Photoshop.
Even if you have always written off Photoshop as being “too hard” or “not for you”, give this video a watch. I think it will really simplify the process.
These are the exact techniques I use to edit my images.
They were designed for all skill levels.
Including those that have never tried Photoshop.
The video covers a photo editing skill that I use to edit every one of my photos.
Without it, I’d be lost!
It allows you to “paint” color & light directly onto the photo, creating vivid results.
- The best part is, this trick uses RAW photo editing skills, within Photoshop.
- If you’ve used Lightroom or Camera RAW, then this technique will be simple to learn.
Follow these steps prior to watching the video.
- Make sure to watch part 1 first. You can download the RAW working file with part 1.
- You can use your current version of Lightroom & Photoshop, or Download Adobe CC Photography Bundle. I use & recommend the Adobe CC bundle which has the latest features for Lightroom, Photoshop & Camera RAW.
- Check your inbox next Tuesday for, The Most Important Photo Editing Technique, video 3 in the series.