Hello & Welcome,
It’s good to have you here!
Below, there are two different sections.
- The first section covers my sharp focus camera technique.
- The second section covers my RAW file photo editing technique.
You’re welcome to watch either section or both, in any order you like.
Next week, I’ll send you the second part of the series which will cover brand new skill sets that build upon what you learn this week.
Check your inbox at 10AM Pacific Time, next Tuesday, for the new videos.
Thanks for being here!
Sharp Focus Camera Technique
Sharp focus is the first skill you should master when learning photography or trying to improve your current skills.
If your photos aren’t perfectly sharp, for each shot, none of the other settings matter.
This technique will remove any confusion about sharp focus, and provide a step by step shooting technique to ensure you always get the shot.
Watch the video below, then read my Sharp Focus Photography Guide PDF, which I have attached for you to take out shooting with you.
RAW Photo Editing Basics
Your camera captures photos in RAW image format.
They look flat, without contrast & color, prior to RAW photo editing.
Your job is to bring out all of the color, light & detail, captured in the field.
This is the first & most important step in the editing process!
RAW photo editing accounts for 80-90% of the skills you need to create nice images.
Video 1 is included below. Follow the instructions prior to getting started:
- Download the example RAW file. Click the “download arrow” at the top of the screen, after selecting the link below.
- You can download the RAW file, right here. (File Size – 36 MB)
- You can use your current version of Lightroom & Photoshop, or Download Adobe CC Photography Bundle. I use & recommend the Adobe CC bundle which has the latest features for Lightroom, Photoshop & Camera RAW. You’ll learn to use them in the videos.
- Check your inbox next Tuesday for, My Photoshop Technique, Video 2!