This page is dedicated entirely to teaching you the skills I’ve learned since picking up a the camera. Both in the field and the post processing skills are covered in the broad range of free and paid tutorials displayed below. Hopefully you enjoy what I’ve put together here & share it with your friends!
Interested in all the other stuff I use in the field and at the computer? Check out the What’s in My Camera Bag Section of this website. There are also some free discount codes at the bottom of this page:)
Download Your Free 70 Page eBook
My new full length book, Photograph the Night Sky, has just been released & I want you to have the first 70 pages for free.
Photograph the Night Sky is Your Definitive Guide to Milky Way, Star Trail, Northern Lights, Moon & Night Sky Photography!
It also contains detailed information & video tutorials on composition, scouting, planning & weather, as well as many other skill sets which apply to landscape photography.
Star & Night Photography Tutorials & Tools
- Dave’s Free Star Photography Tutorial
- Star Photography Photoshop Actions & Bonus Video Tutorial
- Free Scouting & Planning for Night Photography Video Series
- Free Star Trails Post Processing Video Tutorial
- Night Photography Camera & Lens Recommendations
- How to View and Photograph the Northern Lights Tutorial
- How to Edit / Post Processing Your Northern Lights Photos in Photoshop and Lightroom
- Under the Stars Lightroom Presets
- Tony Kuyper’s Luminosity Mask Actions & Tutorials
Star Photography Workshops & Tours
- In the Field Star Photography Workshops & Tours || Shooting & Post Processing
- Online Star Photography Post Processing Group Workshops
Dave’s Favorite Video Tutorials
- Dodging & Burning in Photoshop Using Luminosity Masks
- Focus Stacking for Landscape Photography Photoshop & Shooting Tutorial
- Creating Dynamic Water Movement in Your Landscape Photos – Shooting Tutorial
- Dave’s HDR Post Processing Video Tutorial
- In the Field HDR Shooting Video Tutorial
- Long Exposure Photography Shooting Tutorial
- High Pass Sharpening in Photoshop
- Post Processing Workflow Tutorial
General Photography Tutorials
- Color Theory 101: Tips & Tricks
- Post Processing Workflow Video Tutorial
- Awesome Tutorials & Useful Links
- One on One Personal Instruction
- Dave’s Learn Photography YouTube Channel
- Post Processing: Before and After
- HDR 101: Tips & Tricks
Reviews / Equipment
- What’s In My Camera Bag?
- Using Your Nexus 10 or Nexus 7 to Transfer Picture Files from Your Camera’s Memory Card to an External Hard Drive
- Camera Reviews
- Lens Reviews
- Gadgets, Gear & Other Good Stuff
- Really Right Stuff Tripod Review
I use tons of software when I process photos & two of my favorites are Topaz Labs or HDR Soft the Makers of Photomatix. If you would like a discount when purchasing either of these packages just use the coupon code DAVEMORROWPHOTO when checking out to receive 15% off:) You can also use the same coupon code over at Stuck in Customs to receive a 10% discount on any item.